Credit Union News
Get a Scholarship from Washington Community Federal Credit Union
We're proud to once again offer the opportunity for assistance with growing college expenses. Washington County Community Foundation will receive and process all applications on our behalf.
- Completed application must be received by the Foundation by April 1, 2015.
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the Community Foundation's online scholarship application.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the spring.
Access the application: http://www.wccf.net/for-scholarships/wccf-scholarships/fund-detail/?fund_id=210
Racetrack Remodel Update!
Our Racetrack Road branch will close at 4:30 pm on Friday, February 6. On Monday, February 9 we will begin operating out of a temporary facility on the Racetrack Site while we remodel our branch. Racetrack will not be open on Saturdays during construction, though our store at 45 Griffith Ave will be open from 9 am to 1 pm on Saturdays during this time period. We're excited to share construction updates with you via this website. We plan to open our newly remodeled store at Racetrack in July 2015!
In September 2014 we sent all member households the letter you can access here regarding the many changes we have in the works. We can't wait to unveil our new name and new brand to you beginning in April 2015!
2015 Annual Meeting
As member-owners we encourage you to attend our 44th Annual Meeting on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 5:30 pm in the lobby at our 45 Griffith Avenue location. Tickets are not required.
2015 Notice of Board of Directors Election Procedures: The 2015 election of officers will be conducted by mail ballot, allowing every member the equal opportunity to vote. Two vacancies for three-year terms will be available for 2015. Board Chairman Chuck Rogers has appointed Rob Engel II, Ted Stubenbordt and Tim Sakovich to serve as the Nominating Committee for the forthcoming election. The Nominating Committee must make nominations of candidates 90 days prior to the Annual Meeting. The Committee has nominated Edward Orisko and Chuck Rogers. No nominations will be permitted from the floor at the meeting.
Nominations by Petition Procedure
Applicants not nominated by the Committee and wishing to use the petition procedure must file their petitions for nomination with the Secretary of the Credit Union by March 25, 2015. Petitions for nomination must contain the signatures of at least 100 members and must be accompanied by a statement from the nominee stating that he or she is agreeable to the nomination and will serve if elected. Petitions must also be accompanied by a short resume (no more than 75 words) containing biographical data that will only be published in the official candidate listing and mailed out with the ballot. In the event that nominations would result in a "No Contest" (only one candidate nominated for each office), in accordance with the Credit Union bylaws ballots will not be mailed out. Instead, the Parliamentary Rule will apply whereby the nominees will be elected by acclamation at the Annual Meeting.
Annual Election Schedule
- Nominations filed with the Secretary of the Nominating Committee: February 5, 2015
- Notification to members of the Nomination by Petition Procedures and notification of nominations selected by the Nominating Committee: February 25, 2015
- Deadline for receiving nominations by petition: March 25, 2015
- Posting of nominations (including petitions) no later than: April 6, 2015
- Ballots mailed to members (if there is a contest) no later than: April 14, 2015
- Election tellers must receive return ballots no later than: May 14, 2015
- 44th Annual Meeting: May 27, 2015
Access Over 30 Branches In Our Area, and 5,000+ Nationwide!
Shared branching offers convenience and expanded service to Washington Community FCU members. The concept is simple – members can access their accounts through the teller line and take advantage of personal service at over 5,000 locations nationwide.
In order to perform transactions at a shared branching location, you will need your credit union account number and photo identification.
The following examples of services available at shared branching locations:
- Deposits and withdrawals
- Transfers between accounts
- Account/loan Inquiries
- Loan payments
- Print transaction history
- And more...
Shared branching is ideal for members who travel on business or pleasure, have children away at college, or relocate out of state – for any situation, it is easy and convenient.
When looking for a shared branching location, look for the CO-OP Shared Branch Logo or click here.You can also find Shared Branching locations via our free app for iOS and Android.
Questions? Send us an email!
As you may have seen in our newsletter or in your mailbox, we're offering an awesome Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) special for a limited time only! You can score a rate of 1.99%* for six months and use the equity in your home for all your purchasing wants and needs. Click here to apply online. You can also visit any of our three branch locations or call us at 724.228.2030. Don't wait- get this great rate on a Home Equity Line of Credit before it's gone!
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate discount is based on a 6-month fixed term with $10,000 in new funds, at 80% loan-to-value. The introductory rate will be locked in for six months from closing date. After six months, the APR will be indexed to the Prime Rate with a minimum 0% APR. The index used to determine the APR will be the Prime Rate found in the Money Rates Section of the Wall Street Journal published on the first working day of the month. The APR will then be adjusted on the first of the following month. Minimum credit limit is $10,000. Rates effective as of January 15, 2014. Other rates and terms are available. All rates are subject to change without notice. All loan approvals are subject to normal underwriting procedures. Loan must be secured by primary residence, which must be owner-occupied. Rate is good for new lines only.
You can now download our free app for your Apple iOS device by clicking here, or for your Android device by clicking here. The app is free, and once you download it you can click on 'eDeposit' to enroll in remote deposit capture, or eDeposit; a free, secure service that allows you to deposit a check any time, any where by simply taking a photo of the item with your mobile phone or tablet.
These new eServices are free from your Credit Union, where we're always trying to make life easier for you and your family!
*The app will be available for Amazon devices in the coming months. Watch your email box for alerts and updates on all of our eServices.